How to dress for the office in the summer!

6:14 PM

Lately I’ve been interviewing at different businesses. At my last job, the work attire was completely casual. It was a retail management position where we were encouraged to emulate the company’s fun loving, casual, SoCal style. When I graduated college and went into this job, I really didn’t have to worry about my work attire and if my clothes were “business appropriate”.

Now I am looking to transition from ripped skinny jeans to business casual work environment and I would love to share what I’ve learned with other young women looking to get into the business workplace.

Summer dress tips for success...







Wear light and airy tops for breathability
-It is summer and it will be hot. A light blouse will be perfect for the workplace. If the top is low cut or too sheer, make sure to wear a camisole. Note: Cleavage is unacceptable
summer business casual


Incorporate flowy skirts and sun dresses
-A flowy skirt or a flowy sundress is extremely flattering on almost any body type. It is important to make the dress more business appropriate by wearing either a cardigan or a blazer. Note: Wear appropriate undergarments. I recommend wearing boy shorts underneath.
loose skirt


Ditch the tight pants!
-Tight pants can constrict breathing and potentially make you uncomfortable. Wide pants legs are elongating and flattering on all body types. The key is to wear a monochromatic outfit, ie - pair black pants with a black top. These pants are perfect for a petite woman to wear high heels underneath and it gives the illusion of long legs. Note: Avoid wearing pants with no structure. The pants are too flowy if they can be mistaken as a skirt.
loose pants


What other tips would benefit an office summer wardrobe?

Images via Pinterest



Enhanced by Zemanta

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images